OUR COLLECTION, USE, AND RETENTION OF CUSTOMER INFORMATION
We collect, retain, and use information about you only where we reasonably believe that it will help administer our business or provide products, services, and other opportunities to serve you. We collect and retain information about you only for specific business purposes. We use information for the following reasons:
- to protect and administer your records, accounts and funds
- to comply with certain laws and regulations
- to help us design or improve our products and services
- to understand your financial needs so that we can provide you with quality products and superior service.
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- information we receive from you on applications or other forms
- information about your transactions with us
- information about your transactions with non-affiliated third parties
- information from a consumer reporting agency
- information we receive through our Customer Identification Program.
OUR MAINTENANCE OF ACCURATE INFORMATION
We continually strive to maintain current, complete, and accurate information about you and your accounts. Should you ever receive information regarding your relationship with us that you believe to be inaccurate, please notify us immediately at FNB Bank, 311 5th Street, PO Box 367, Fontanelle, Iowa, 50846.
LIMITATIONS ON EMPLOYEE ACCESS TO INFORMATION
RESTRICTIONS ON THE DISCLOSURE OF ACCOUNT INFORMATION
It is FNB Bank's policy not to reveal specific information about your accounts or other nonpublic personal information to non-affiliated third parties, except as permitted by law, unless:
- you request or authorize it
- the information is provided to help complete a transaction initiated by you
- the disclosure is required by or allowed by law (e.g., subpoena, investigation of fraudulent activity, request by regulator, etc.)
- in response to an inquiry about current sufficient funds to cover a check you have written
- to local, state, and federal authorities if we believe a crime may have been committed involving your account
- to our independent auditors, consultants, or attorneys.
MAINTAINING CUSTOMER PRIVACY IN BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS WITH THIRD PARTIES
At times it may be necessary to provide personally identifiable information about our customers to a third party, such as a vendor or service company we hire to provide support or services for one or more of our products; for example, with companies that print checks for us, our credit card processor, or the companies that provide core software products to us. These companies are acting on our behalf when they provide these services and are required to maintain similar standards of conduct regarding the privacy of personally identifiable customer information provided to them. They are never authorized to use the information for any other purposes. We do not sell or share customer information to unrelated third parties for the third parties to use for their own purposes.
Financial consolidation sites are Internet sites that provide their customers the ability to collect all of their financial information in one site. We do not provide information directly to a financial consolidation site, but if you provide your access codes to a financial consolidator, you will have consented to that consolidator accessing your information. Typically, a financial consolidator would ask you to provide access to your personal financial information by providing them information such as your ID's, passwords and passcodes to online information such as Billpayer. You should never provide this information to a site that you have not investigated carefully. All transactions initiated by a consolidation site using access information that you have provided will be considered to be authorized by you, even if you are not aware of the specific transaction. If you want to block the authority you have granted to a financial consolidator, you may do so only by notifying us. We may need to close your account and issue new numbers and access codes if you block previously authorized financial consolidators.
ONLINE PRIVACY GUIDE
When a customer or any other person visits our websites, we may obtain certain information. The information we collect is subject to all of the safeguards we have described in this policy. We do not collect personal identifying information about site users, unless you choose to provide such information to us. If you submit an application online (such as for Billpayer), it will be transmitted over a secure connection using encryption, and will alert you to this fact. This is the case where confidential information, such as your account number or social security number is requested. Each visit to our page sends a log to our host server. The information is stored on the server for approximately one year. The log keeps track of:
- the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site, if any. For example, www.yahoo.com if you find us using the Yahoo search option
- the type of web-browsing software you are using to view our site. For example, Netscape or Explorer
- the user's Internet Protocol (IP) address. This is a number that uniquely identifies a computer on the Internet to other Internet computers for the purpose of communication
- what pages are visited on our site
- what page the visitor leaves from our site.
Visitors may elect to provide us with personal information via e-mail. This information is used internally, as appropriate, to handle the sender's request and manage FNB Bank's website. It is not sold to other organizations nor will it be shared with others outside FNB Bank unless we are compelled to do so by law. If you choose to contact us via e-mail, your e-mail address and any other information your e-mail header shows about you, such as your name or organization, will be revealed to us in the e-mail. If you send us an e-mail, we may retain the content of the e-mail and your e-mail address in order to respond to questions, requests, or concerns that you may have expressed.
Visitors should, however, keep in mind that e-mail is not necessarily secure against interception. If your e-mail contains information that is very sensitive or includes personal information such as account numbers, credit card numbers, or your social security number, you may wish to consider sending this information to us in another way.
If you do not agree with the use of this information, or are not comfortable with the level of privacy, please clear the online form. You should then call us directly at our Fontanelle office at (641) 745-2141 or toll-free at (800) 428-3423 if the request or statement includes sensitive information and you have chosen not to provide this information online. FNB Bank will never ask for your Personal Identification Number (PIN) for your ATM/Debit card or MasterCard/Visa card. If you are asked for this information, please call (641) 745-2141 or toll-free at (800) 428-3423 and report it to one of our employees immediately.
Our website is directed to a general audience. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children on our site.